Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Otterly Awesome Grad ~ HSS390, JAI605


Today's card is for Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge for May.  We could use all or any three brand new In Colors.  I chose to go with Tahitian Tide, Starry Sky, and Orchid Oasis.  I added just a splash of Sweet Sorbet in the fish.  
I immediately thought of water with these colors and I'm smack in the middle of graduation season, so I decided to make a cute, fun graduation card.  The Otters for Awesome Otters (retired) made a cute pair and the little graduation cap just fits on top of the otter's head.  The sentiment that comes with the set is perfect for a grad sentiment too, I think. 
Inspiration also came from the photo at Just Add Ink this week. That blue water is just so beautiful!


I started by stamping the Amazing Congratulations stamp in Starry Sky and Orchid Oasis on Tahitian Tide cardstock.  I also stamped the Otters in Tahitian Tide ink on the top and bottom of the Congratulations. I sponged some Starry Sky ink over the otters with my blending brush.  I then stamped the otters a second time on scrap white cardstock in Memento ink, colored them with my Blends markers and fussy cut them out.  I also stamped the little grad cap for Round Of Applause (retired) and fussy cut it out.  The colored otters were then adhered onto the stamped otters.  I glued on the grad cap and added the otterly awesome sentiment.  A little bit of linen thead and some sequin accessories tie the whole card together.   
I adhered the main panel to a dry embossed background of Orchid Oasis and mounted it all on a base of Starry Sky.


Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny



 

2 comments:

  1. Lol, this is hilarious, Jenny - I love it! How perfect to put a mortarboard on that little guy, lol. I think I still have that congrats, too - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute graduation card! Love the in-colors you used to create a fun scene. Thanks for being part of HSS Design team.

    ReplyDelete