Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Sunset Lagoon ~ HSS424, GDP414





Hello stampers!  Today's card is for Hand Stamped Sentiments newest color challenge.  Our colors are Pebbled Path, Calypso Coral, Lost Lagoon, and Blackberry Bliss.  
I also used the sketch from Global Design Project this week.


I've never been a huge fan of Calypso Coral or Blackberry Bliss, so I felt like this combo might be a bit of a challenge for me, but then I had the bright idea of using Coral and Blackberry as sunset colors!  The Lost Lagoon was perfect for a lake color and of course, Pebbled Path could be the sand/beach.  I watercolored my ink onto watercolor paper and the Blackberry Bliss came out on the pink side, but I promise you that I did use Blackberry Bliss!
I'm actually pleased with the way this scene came out!  I love the grassy edge and the birds standing in the water.  Sunset scenes are so much fun to create and so serene!


Here's a list of my supplies....
Stamps: Wetlands, Very Best Occasions
Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Calypso Coral, Lost Lagoon, Pebbled Path
Paper: Watercolor, Very Vanilla, Pebbled Path, Lost Lagoon
Accessories: Fern EF, bakers twine, Sweetly Stitched Dies

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny







1 comment:

  1. Jenny, this is so lovely - what a gorgeous seaside scene you've made! It looks wonderful over the ferns, too - just a really beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete