Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Sunflower & Butterfly ~ CMCC66


Happy Wednesday everyone!  It's time for a new Colour Me challenge.  This week we have the cheery duo of Marina Mist and Daffodil Delight.  
As I was searching my stash of DSP for this polka dotted pattern, I came across a bit of yellow gingham.  Don't you just love a polka dot/gingham combination?!?  It's so country.  After finding my paper, I decided on a sunny sunflower and fun butterfly to compliment the papers.  I used an old Sizzix die called Daisies #2.  I cut two flowers and sponged the tips.  I added a circle of Early Espresso and another little circle of Baked Brown Sugar polka dotted DSP to complete the flower's center.  I added the pleasant little blue butterfly from {Kinda Eclectic}.  I thought the crosshatch pattern on the butterfly complimented the gingham and polka dots.  

I used a pretty basic sketch that's been seen lots and lots but never gets old!  I used a bit of Fancy Foil Vellum for my large banner.  I didn't want to cover up the gingham too much!  A little bit of doily, some gold sequins (to tie in the gold vellum) and some pearls on the butterfly body complete this summery little number!


Make sure to stop by the blogs of my fellow CM designers. You will have tons of inspiration!!!!

Stamps: Kinda Eclectic
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist
Paper: Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, Polka Dot Parade DSP, Gingham DSP, Early Espresso, In Color DSP, Gold Fancy Foil Vellum
Accessories: Elegant Butterfly punch, Daisies #2 die, Gold sequin trim, Pearls, Doily


Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny 

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love that sunflower and those polka dots!! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sunflowers and this one is awesome! The colors and gingham paper give a real country feel to this card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Jenny! The sponging on the tips of the petals is the perfect touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous dimension and layers! I love your flower and the velum layer is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous dimension and layers! I love your flower and the velum layer is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I too just love that gingham with the polka dots. Pair is with a glass of lemonade and this card just screams for summertime!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful! I love how happy it is! The gingham background is darling... especially with that big, bold flower. Makes me think of The Wizard of Oz... Or a picnic. Or a picnic with Dorothy ;) Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love all your beautiful layers - this is the perfect spring card

    ReplyDelete