Thursday, June 18, 2015

Smokey Chocolate Indigo ~ CCMC360


Hello fellow creators!  It's Create with Connie and Mary Thursday!  This week we've got a dandy color combination for you.....


I started with the fabulous, new DSP from the neutral color collection.  I'm so in love with the script paper....it's simply the cat's meow!!!
I'm always a sucker for polkadots and there are plenty of those to go around, too!  I chose the Smokey Slate polkadots for my background.  
I punched a Note Tag from the Chocolate Chip script.  The Island Indigo piece is a chopped up Labels Framelit (retired).
I stamped a butterfly from {Kinda Eclectic}, punched it out and popped it up on a dimesional on the tag.  I then embossed the "love ya" from {Floral Wings} in silver and placed the banner cut piece over the butterfly.  I stapled on some Smokey Slate ribbon and sprinkled on some sequins and voila'!  Card done!


Make sure you check out the other awesome creations from my fellow designers at Create with Connie and Mary!
I hope you'll find time to join us this week!

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny



7 comments:

  1. I love how you used these new Neutrals DSPs; now I wish I had ordered them the first day! The polka dots and script are my favorites so far. Love all the shapes you used to put your design together, and also the butterfly with the sentiment across it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card! I'm right there with you on the DSP, LOVE it! I just don't think you can go wrong with polka dots and script and your card pairs them perfectly together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! You've used the DSP to great effect...I particularly love that script DSP. I love the little texture stamped butterfly too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you layered these different shapes and patterns! It is so bold and striking, but nicely balanced by the sweet butterfly and greeting. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card - a great mix of all the elements. I am a convert to the new DSP too - the script one is lovely and all the patterns so much more usable than previous stacks I think. Gorgeous Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to use the designer paper for a tag! Love, love the script paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! I really like the script paper! I think it's great that you can create this card with a minimum of supplies...since some of us are still waiting for an exchange order for our new stuff (tapping foot...). Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete