Thursday, February 9, 2017

Sea Scene Love ~ CCMC444, SIP85


Hello stampers and welcome to another week's challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!  I'm also entering my card in Stamp Ink Paper love challenge.  Although it isn't a lovey or valentine's theme, there are so many things that I love wrapped up in this one card.  I love a beachy, ocean scene.  I just got home from a week long cruise to the Bahamas so this is totally inspired by my trip.  The water in the Bahamas is a little more turquoise blue, but hey, I adapted for our color challenge!
One of my other loves on this card is the hardwood stamp.  I adore the rustic, ocean wood feel it adds.  I also love a good window scene.  The window thinlit provides such a nice frame for the ocean view.  Another of my faves....the brayered sky.  I love the graduated color it adds.   


I like to browse the catalog for layout inspiration and this card was inspired by the card in the bottom right picture on page 128.  I like this layout and will be using it again!


I started this card by stamping a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Crumb cake with the Hardwood stamp inked with Crumb Cake.  I sponged the sides of it as well.  Then I stamped the grass and birds from the new set {High Tide} on the bottom and top of the piece, inked again in Crumb Cake.  It's very subtle.  
Next I laid a 3" x 3 5/8" of Peekaboo Peach DSP over the Hardwood piece.  I took a strip of burlap ribbon and applied it across the center, then I secured the entire piece onto a Crumb Cake card base.  
For the window, I started with a piece of 2 1/2" x 3 1/4" of very vanilla cardstock.  I stamped the water from {High Tide} in Dapper Denim across the bottom.  I then inked up my brayer with Peekaboo Peach and ran it back and forth across the top to create the sky.  I stamped the sun in Peekaboo Peach as well, and then I partially inked the birds from {High Tide} in Crumb Cake and stamped them in the sky too.  
I adhered the window (cut from the Hearth and Home Thinilit from a scrap of Dapper Denim) with some Tombo glue.  
Lastly, inked up the sentiment with Peekaboo Peach and Dapper Denim markers and stamped it on a 1 5/8" x 2" piece of very vanilla.  I used the ticket corner punch to notch out the corners.  I stamped one little seabird in the corner with Crumb Cake ink before adhering the the bottom corner of my card.
Stamps: High Tide, Hardwood
Ink: Peekaboo Peach, Crumb Cake, Dapper Denim
Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Dapper Denim and Peekaboo Peach DSP
Accessories: Ticket corner punch, Hearth and Home thinlit, burlap ribbon

We hope you can join us for this weeks challenge at CCMC!  
Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!

Jenny


6 comments:

  1. Could you please give me stamps, inks, etc to make this card for my friend in the navy with cancer. I love the saying and thought it would be a great card to give. Thanks for any help. You could email me at maplueme@yahoo.com. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MaryAnn! I've updated my blog post with all the details for you! Have a blessed day!

      Delete
  2. Could you please give me stamps, inks, etc to make this card for my friend in the navy with cancer. I love the saying and thought it would be a great card to give. Thanks for any help. You could email me at maplueme@yahoo.com. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful....Thanks for participating in this weeks LOVE challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card Jenny. I also love your take on our Love theme this week by showing us the things you love. Thanks for playing along this week at Stamp, Ink, Paper. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how you created a scene with high Tide and the Hearth framelit! Hadn't thought of that one. Great new take on this set!

    ReplyDelete