Thursday, April 28, 2016

Big Blossoms ~ CCMC404


Hello!  It's Thursday again and that means Create with Connie and Mary has a brand new challenge!  It's color week and I love this combo!!!


I started by inking the chevron stamp from {Work of Art} in Versamark ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder on the navy cardstock.  I love the tone on tone this gives.  I added these 2 big blossoms from Floral Frames Framelits.  I cut the centers of the flowers from the Smokey Slate Neutrals designer paper and then also cut the Hello from some Silver Glimmer paper.  I tied more of the silver in by adding some silver thread circles.  I don't do this embellishment nearly enough....it's fun and neat looking!  Lastly, I set the small navy butterfly from the Bold Butterfly Framelits on top of the blossoms.  The whole thing is layered on a peice of script Smokey Slate neutrals stack DSP and finished off with a Calypso Coral card base.   

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny



8 comments:

  1. Lovely card Jenny - those flowers are so bold & beautiful and make a great focal point against your background! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny your card is just gorgeous! I love those big, blousy flowers, diecut sentiment and embossed chevron panel. I also like how you used the script dsp - I love the idea of it, but am never sure how to use it on my projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how crisp and clean those flowers look against the patterns of your background! Your card has a really great mix of elements!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flowers with the polka dot centers! Very whimsical! Super fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a great card you've made. Sometimes we just don't know the process that we go through to create a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I just love those flowers you created and that background is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your eye for style Jenny! The bold flowers, the chevron, the sparkle. You must dream in creativeness! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! Love how you used the flowers stacked beside each other! Wow...all the details on here are wonderful! Great job with the color challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete