Thursday, November 17, 2016

Chill Out Penguin ~ CCMC433


Hello!  It's Thursday and that mean Create with Connie and Mary has a brand new challenge!  This week is sketch week and here it is....


I knew I wanted to use the penguin from Snow Place as my main focal image and I wanted to incorporate some plaid from Warmth and Cheer DSP pack.  
In my last post I mentioned that I had been using a lot of blue lately and was going to try my hardest not to use blue in this project.  Well, as you can see I failed.  I decided to go with blue for the snowflakes in the background.  To tie that in I added a blue embossed panel.  In hindsight I wish I had left the blue panel off and used the color scheme differently.  I'm OK with the way the card turned out, but I think I could have done much better.  I shouldn't have waited until the last minute to get my card done.....LOL!


Anyway, I hope you'll get a chance to play along with us this week!  
Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny



7 comments:

  1. Ahh, love your sweet little penguin dressed up for the holidays! I used that set SO much last year and have hardly touched it this year! Great job with the CCMC sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, this is SO cute! I love all the colors and elements you've got going here! Mr Penguin is looking quite dapper with his scarf and holly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The holly on her head made me giggle! Love that little touch! I think the blue looks great with this card. Glad you failed. *wink wink*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute penguin Jenny- very chilled out! Love the blue background too! I always go through periods where I have a favourite colour and use it all the time too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card! Love the little holly and berry "fascinator". Adorable. Love how you mixed the different papers and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie - love the penguin with her sprig of holly! I must say I'm partial to the blue snowflakes and embossed background - so I'm glad blue made it in again this week! Such a fun card Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, how cute! Love the little penguin paired with the sweater papers...love the little snowflakes and bling, too!

    ReplyDelete