Thursday, November 3, 2016

Fleece Navidad ~ CCMC431, PP319


Hi fellow stampers!  Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge has rolled around again and it's sketch week!  
I'm really excited about this card!  I've wanted to do a sheep Christmas card ever since I got this{Barnyard Babies} set and just never got around to it for one reason or another.  I really love the punny sentiment that goes with the sheep.  Fleece Navidad!  It make me chuckle!  
When I saw the challenge sketch I thought this would be my chance to make one santa sheep stand out among the rest!  I'm thrilled with the outcome.  I also worked in The Paper Players Tic-Tac-Toe challenge.  You know I love a tic-tac-toe!  My card can go two ways, actually!  It takes in the three down the left side: red, Santa, and Diecut, and across the top with red, glitter and snowflakes.  
Ok, ok...the only diecut on the card is the little sentiment banner, but hey, it's still a diecut!



I used my Warmth and Cheer DSP again on this project because the sweater motif goes so well with the sheep.  


The little tiny holly is from the {Christmas Pines} set.  I stamped it in garden green, fussy cut it out, and punched the teeny tiny holy berries out of red glimmer paper.  I ran my black marker around the edge of the holly leaves to make the image look outlined to coordinate with the sheep.

I hope you'll be able to join us for this week's challenge at CCMC!
Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny 

12 comments:

  1. I saw this card in the gallery and I couldn't wait to comment on it! LOVE it! Your choice of DSPs and stamping on the crumb cake are perfect to make this "fleecy" little lamb stand out! Thanks for playing with my tic-tac-toe challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card made me go "awe". What a sweet idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! Just perfect and really fun! Made me smile as soon as I saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so cute! It made me chuckle just a little...love that you made the one little lamb white. What a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card made me smile!!!! Love the 'fleece navidad' !!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There were SO many great cards in the gallery this week, but your little sheep is definitely one of my FAVORITES! I want to get this stamp set just so I can duplicate this card! WONDERFUL idea! Great job with the CCMC sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love! Your card just made me smile! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I'm late commenting on this one Jenny - I had a busy, busy week last week! I love the cute sheep with the punny sentiment and the 'woolly' papers and wiggly twine tie in beautifully with the theme. Such a fun Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh is this ever cute!! I love the sweater looking materials on the bottom of the card. So clever!!

    ReplyDelete