Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Peaceful Watercolor Window ~ HSS252


Hello!  Hand Stamped Sentiments has a brand new inspiration challenge starting today!  It's all about the trees for the next two weeks.  
I chose the bottom right photo for my main inspiration.  I really had a fun time creating this card, too!  Watercolor is such a fun and easy medium to use and always looks great.  I started by spritzing a piece of watercolor paper with water and then stamping the tree trunk in Daper Denim and the tree leaves in Marina Mist.  The snow was stamped in Marina Mist as well.  I let the paper dry and stamped the birds in the trees with no water.  I then spritzed the entire piece with glimmer mist!  I wish it would photograph well, but it just doesn't. It's so shimmery in real life and just so beautiful!


For the card front, I cut the center out with the retired Deco Labels framelits.  I then ran it through the big shot with my Woodland EF.  I used my wink of stella clear pen and colored over the raised trees to make them glimmery as well.  
I framed out the opening with a Real Red frame and added the Dapper Denim ribbon to each side.  Lastly, I add the Peace sentiment from {Reason for the Season} set.  


Here's a list of my supplies....

Stamps: Thoughtful Branches, Reason for the Season
Ink: Dapper Denim, Marina Mist, Real Red
Paper: watercolor, white, Dapper Denim, Real Red
Accessories: Circle framelits, Deco Labels Framelits, Woodland EF, Wink of Stella, Glimmer mist, Dapper Denim ruched ribbon


I hope you can join us at HSS!  Remember our challenges always run for two weeks!
Thanks for taking a peek and have a great day!
Jenny




No comments:

Post a Comment