Thursday, January 9, 2020

Bloom and Grow Poppy Case ~ CCMC594, CTC260


Hello stampers!  Today's card is for Create with Connie and Mary's sketch challenge #594.  I also used inspiration from Casing the Catty challenge #260 by casing the colors from the Peaceful Poppies suite.  I used Poppy Parade, Flirty Flamingo, Old Olive, and Pool Party.  
I started by stamping a flower image from Bloom and Grow in Versamark ink onto watercolor paper and embossed it with shimmery black embossing powder.  I colored the image with my aquapainter and ink pads.  I paid homage to Dena Rekow by splatting my image by flicking the tip of my black stampin' write marker with the lid.  Just watch a few of her YouTube videos and you are bound to see the technique!  I like the look it adds!  
For the background elements I die cut my Flirty Flamingo panel with my stitched lace die, backed it with Whisper White, and then layered it on black.  I ran the Poppy Parade piece through the big shot with my Country Floral EF.  The whole thing is mounted on a black base.  The sentiment is from Well Said.

Image may contain: text


Stamps: Bloom and Grow, Well Said
Ink: Versamark, Poppy Parade, Flirty Flamingo, Old Olive, Pool Party, Black
Paper: Watercolor, Black, Flirty Flamingo, Poppy Parade, White
Accessories: Shimmery Black EP, Country Floral EF, Stitched Lace Die

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment