Thursday, January 16, 2020

Lacy Poppy Parade Celebration ~ CCMC595, PP473, GDP223, WW254



Hello stampers!  Today's card is for Create with Connie and Mary's Thursday color challenge with colors taken right from the Peaceful Poppies Suite from the 2020 mini catalog.  
I chose to showcase Poppy Parade and let Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive take a back seat.  
I'm also sharing my card with The Paper Players Challenge #437 as they have almost the identical color scheme. I'm also sharing with a couple occasions challenges:  Global Design Project #223 and Watercooler Wednesday #254


For my card I stamped a floral image from Bloom and Grow in versamark ink on watercolor paper and embossed it with white EP.  I colored the image with my aquapainter and ink pads.  
I cut it out with the coordinating Budding Blooms die. 
I also cut a 4 1/4" x 2 3/4" white piece with the Stitched Lace die.  I backed it with the same size white piece.  I glued the top of the floral image to the bottom of the lace and then carefully cut away the bottom of the white lace so it would not show under the flowers.  
I stamped my Handwritten background stamp on the Poppy Parade card base in Poppy Parade ink and then embossed the sentiment from the Bloom and Grow set in white embossing powder.  I made sure to swipe it with my embossing buddy so the EP would only stick to the sentiment ink.


Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny


5 comments:

  1. So pretty, Jenny! Love the addition of the tone-on-tone Handwritten stamp behind the sentiment. Very cool! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this! These are some of my most favorite florals, and I love that you embossed and colored them! But my favorite part is the embossed sentiment on the background stamping!! So pretty! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Jenny! I love the tone on tone stamping along the bottom panel which anchors the beautiful die cut at the top! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty design, Jenny. I love the tone-on-tone. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete