Monday, July 22, 2019

Awesome Watercolor Cactus ~ CASC&S330


Hello Stampers!  Today I'm playing along with CAS Colours & Sketches color challenge.  I found these color intriguing for some reason.  


I started by inking the cacti up in Bermuda Bay and stamping them on watercolor paper.  I used my aquapainter and swiped the ink around to give them a more "watercolor-y" look.  I added some Night of Navy ink to the shadow side of each cactus.  I stamped the sun from Waterfront and the flowers and added water to them in the same way.  I washed some Bermuda Bay over the background, careful to stay away from my stamped images.  
Lastly, I cut out the panel using my Stitched Rectangles dies.  I adhered the panel to a bit of Night of Navy.  I stamped the sentiment in night of navy and punched it out with my tailored tag punch.  The Mango Melody background was run through my Big Shot with the Textured 3-D and then I applied a strip of Mango Melody DSP down the side.  I added the sentiment with dimensionals and accessorized one step further with a string of Bermuda Bay sequin trim.


The inside sentiment is from Well Said.
Here's a list of my supplies.....
Stamps: Flowering Desert, Well Said, Waterfront
Ink: Mango Melody, Bermuda Bay, Night of Navy
Paper: White, Mango Melody CS & DSP, Night of Navy, Watercolor
Accessories: Tailored Tag punch, Stitched Rectangle dies, Textured 3-D

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny



2 comments:

  1. Awesome use of the colors! Great scene building! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful scene! Great use of the colours! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete