Friday, July 12, 2019

Ombre Beach ~ FMS396, JAI465, Fusion, IBC


Hello there stampers!  Well, today's card is completely for fun!  It's been a long, long time since I've made a card that wasn't for one of the design teams that I'm on.  I saw a few challenges today and figured I'd play along.  I was able to combine quite a few, actually!  
First, I was taken with the photo from Inspired By....Beach Day.  Next was Just Add Ink #465 which is just add season.  My season is summer, obviously!  Then I played along with Fusion Ombre challenge using hues of blue.  Lastly, I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #396.



To make my card I started off with my Waterfront stamp set.  I stamped a Crumb Cake sandy beach with some hills in the background.  Next, I stamped some water using Balmy Blue and Pacific Point.  I sponged more Balmy Blue and Pacific Point onto the sky.  I stamped the palm trees and bungalow in Night of Navy.  I cut the whole thing down using my Stitched Nested  Labels die.  I then ran the whole thing through my Big Shot with my Pinewood Planks 3D.  I stamped the Thank You banner on a left over strip of sponged sky.  
To mimic the sketch, I added some strips of Wood Textures DSP and wrapped a bit of linen twine around each.  I also added twine to the main panel.  
Lastly I popped the label up on dimensionals.


Stamps: Waterfront, Free As A Bird
Ink: Balmy Blue, Pacific Point, Night of Navy, Crumb Cake
Paper: White, Pacific Point, Wood Textures DSP
Accessories: Pinewood Planks 3D, Linen Thread

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny

9 comments:

  1. Your waterfront scene is wonderful! I love how you embossed it after you stamped....must try that! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sure looks like pallet board painting. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. I love the beachy scene! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that embossed background! Thanks for playing at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout, great textures and lovely colours. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really beautiful, love your scene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful card, Jenny. I adore the frame you have created for this beachy themed inspiration. Thanks for sharing your stunning creation with us at Just Add Ink this week. xOx Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at Fusion :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is so pretty! I would have been afraid to emboss it after all that inking, but it looks AMAZING! It pays to be brave!

    ReplyDelete