Thursday, July 25, 2019

Brights Romantic Free Bird ~ CCMC571, FabFri168, SUOC228


Hello stampers!  Today's card is for Create with Connie and Mary's last CASE the catalog challenge.  I really enjoyed this CASE....it's such an interesting layout.  I knew I wanted to use the Free As A Bird set which happens to be one of my favorites from the new catalog, therefore I'm sharing my card with SUO Challenge 228: New Catalog Favorite.
I also found this fun color combo from Fab Friday 168 using Lovely Lipstick, Pineapple Punch, Bermuda Bay, and Pacific Punch.  


I watercolored my images and fussy cut them all out, then layered them on a Stitched Layered Label die cut from Bermuda Bay DSP.  I think the scripty DSP lends a romantic feel to my card.  The Sahara Sand background was stamped with the flower image with Versamark ink.  I felt like the torn Sahara Sand background was a little too plain, so I backed it with a sliver of Lovely Lipstick.  I like how it turned out.


I kept the inside very neutral.


Here's a list of my supplies.....
Stamps: Free as A Bird
Ink: Lovely Lipstick, Bermuda Bay, Pineapple Punch, Pacific Point, Stazon Black, Versamark
Paper: Watercolor, Bermuda Bay DSP, Sahara Sand, white, Lovely Lipstick
Accessories: Pearls, dimensionals, Stitched Nested Labels

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Jenny - what a great use of our colors! Love the design of this card - such a fun layout! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! Love your bird, fantastic die cut panel under it too! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and a great way to combine all the challenges - thanks for joining us at TSOT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the challenge colors! And I love how you layered the blossoms and leaf/branch to make what looks like one big branch! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE this! The Bermuda Bay script DSP is perfect and fabulous color! Thank you so much for joining us at SUOChallenges.com. We hope to see you again tomorrow for a new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mostly I've seen those birds with more muted colors, or matching the Bird Ballad DSP, so it's fun to see that bird done up in lots of bright colors! Gorgeous card!! Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges, hope to see you for our next challenge starting soon!

    ReplyDelete