Thursday, April 9, 2020

Crushed Poppy Roses ~ CCMC607, AYSI222, SSC228


Hello there stampers!  I hope you are all doing well and not to tired of social distancing!  I live a pretty rural part of the country and while parts of our lives have changed, much remains the same.  I work for the postal system, so I am working through this all, which I don't mind at all.  Anyway, I hope you all are well and untouched by this virus!  
Today's card is for Create with Connie and Mary's new color challenge.   Bright and cheerful is what I say about these colors!  Poppy Parade is such a fun color.  I must admit that when it first came out I really didn't think I'd like it, but then again that happens to me with a lot of colors that I don't think I like at first.  I'm thankful for these kinds of challenges because it forces me to play with colors and accessories I might not usually go towards.  
I also used the theme from As You See It #222 and the sketch from Sunday Stamps #228 to help me along with my design team card. 


I started by stamping the flowers from To A Wild Rose with Stazon Ink on watercolor paper.  I then water-colored the images with my aqua painter and pads.  They were die cut with the coordinating die cuts, but I did go back in to trim them up with my scissors a bit because sometimes I don't like the white edges showing.  I added some of the script Poppy Parade DSP for the background, and then added some gold thread and a gold faceted gem for my something shiny and ribbon or trim.  I couldn't decided on a sentiment, so I just left it off.



Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny

3 comments:

  1. So pretty, Jenny - love that double bloom, with the gorgeous faceted center! And serious props for combining all these challenges - wowza! Go girl! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I mean Sunday Stamps, lol. I hope you play again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bright and cheery card, Jenny. Great water coloring too! Thanks so much for playing along with this weeks challenge at Sunday Stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete