Friday, November 16, 2012

Am I Blue Poinsietta ~ NAC20 & FMS61

This pretty little card is for Nacho Average Challenge #20 and Freshly Made Sketches #61. 
Nac20color
I knew I loved Midnight Muse and Baja Breeze together, but to add in Summer Starfruit too?  Hmmm, I don't know.  I looked at the designers for inspiration and saw this card by Rose.  Blue poinsiettas was an idea I had rolling around in my head for a while and then I saw Rose's card....I loved it!  That was it.....I had to try it for myself!  I actually love the Summer Starfruit sprigs coming out of my masked poinsiettas too!  The sweet, simple sketch from FMS this week was a great match for this card. 
I dry embossed the base card with the Petals A Plenty EF and sponged on some of the new Illuninate ink from the SU Holiday Catalog.  It adds a bit of shimmer.
 

 
I added a sliver of Baja Breeze behind the main panel, a strip of Midnight Muse ribbon and topped it off with a Baja Breeze corduroy button.  Lastly, I sprinkled on some Dazzling Diamond glitter, because everything is better with glitter, you know! 
Here's a list of my supplies.....
Stamps: Watercolor Winter
Paper: Midnight Muse, Baja Breeze, Vanilla
Ink: Midnight Muse, Baja Breeze, Summer Starfruit, Illuminate
Accessories: Petals A Plenty EF, Midnight Muse Satin ribbon, Corduroy button, Dazzling Diamonds
 
Thanks for taking a peek and have a dyamite day!
Jenny
 
 



6 comments:

  1. Love your card! So glad Rose could inspire you! She's awesome--I love all her work! Thanks for joining the Nachos this week! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great color combo. I really like the Summer Starfruit sprigs along with the flowers! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jenny, you did good! Thanks for sharing yet another way to use these beautiful blue-go figure!-poinsettias! Once you go blue-not sure we can go back-love 'em-

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the Starfruit is a lovely addition to these fantastic colors! Such a pretty card! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the poinsettia flowers in blue! Such an unexpected combination for Christmas but it totally works. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, this is one of my favorite holiday stamp sets. And I just adore what you have done with it. Very creative and clever. thank you for playing along with us @ NAC.

    ReplyDelete