Saturday, November 10, 2012

Vintage Christmas ~ Dynamic Duos #28

 
Hello everybody!  This is my second post as a Dynamic Duos design team member.  I'm so very excited to be a part of all of this! 
The challenge this week is to use Cherry Cobbler and Sahara Sand.  The rules say that neutrals are welcome, so I added Early Espresso to mine.  However when I read through the rules again, I realized that it says black, white, vanilla, skin colors and craft are welcome.....maybe espresso isn't considered a neutral?  I'll need to check into that.  In the future I will be more careful and try to stick closer to the main colors. 
 I also incorporated the sketch from Merry Monday #40 .  I flipped the sketch on it's side.
I had a lady ask me to make a christmas card for her mother and she wanted an oldish, Thomas Kincade feel.  I just purchased the Christmas Lodge single tree stamp and felt it might be a good fit.  I'm not a fan of two papers butted up next to each other without a ribbon or something to cover the seam, so I added a couple strands of espresso bakers twine, tied into a bow, to cover the seam.  I also used the lace ribbon to add to the vintage feel.  I hope she enjoys her handmade christmas card!
 
 
 
Here's a list of supplies......
Stamps: Christmas Lodge single tree stamp, Best Yet
Paper: Sahara Sand, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Festival of Prints DP
Ink: Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Sahara Sand (sponging)
Accessories: Pearls, Corner round punch, Vintage Wallpaper EF, Lace ribbon, Espresso bakers twine
 
Thanks for taking a peek and have a magnificent day!
Jenny
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Very cute, love your embossed sentiment piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the recipient will love this beautiful card. ;-) I love the papers and lovely elements you used to dress up this card. It's beautiful. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card. I love the pattern on the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you snuck that pleated lace under your paper! Great card, Jenny :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza! Jenny, this is layered lovliness! The mix of patterns and textures is amazing and oh, so vintage. Love that pleated lace under the layer of DSP. Gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you've put the sentiment embedded in the tree! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete