Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Victorian Mojo Monday 268

 
It's been a long time since I participated in a Mojo Monday challenge.  When I saw the sketch this week, I was inspired to create something to go along with this stamp. 
 I had a request from a friend to make a victorian christmas card.  Now, victorian style isn't really my thing so I didn't think I owned anything I could use.  However, as I started digging through my old, old stuff....and I mean OLD....I found a hand-me-down stamp set that I recieved from my MIL.  She tried her hand at stamping and had purchased this Inkadinkadoo victorian style christmas set about 17 or 18 years ago.  Aha!  I DO own something victorian!  I picked this little image of two children sleddin, set to work and this is what I ended up with.  Victorian to me is mauve colors, lacey things and antique or vintage.  Stampin' Up's new In-Color, Primrose Petal, fit the bill for the mauve part.  I paired it with Blushing Bride ink and ribbon, along with a Sahara Sand & cream colored retired designer paper that came out a few years back. (I can't recall the name of it for the life of me!)  The pattern of the paper reminds me of snowflakes and mimics the snowflakes in the image. 
 
 
 
I added a little texture and some sparkle along with crochet trim and antique brad and I love, love, love the results!  I'm excited for my friend to see this card.  I hope she likes it as much as I do! 
Here's a list of my supplies.....
Stamps: Old Inkadinkadoo set, French Script
Paper: Sahara Sand, Primrose Petal, Retired DP, Vanilla
Ink: Blushing Bride
Accessories: Dazzling Diamond, Glue Pen, Crochet Trim, Blushing Bride Pleated ribbon, Antique brad, Circle cutting system, Circles #2 die, Snowflakes EF, Tiny Tag punch
 
Thanks for taking a peek and have a glorious day!
Jenny
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: