Thursday, November 22, 2012

Pink Poinsiettas ~ CCMC227

 
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I hope you are surrounded by friends and family celebrating this thankful day!  I sure do have much to be thankful for!
This card is for Create with Connie and Mary 227.  The challenge was to make a special shaped card using framelits or dies. 
2012 Create Thursday-007
I pretty much stayed true to the sketch.  I used the Bells and Boughs set and colored these pretty poinseittas pink.  This makes me think of my mom who loves poinsiettas.  She had a very pretty pink plant that she was able to keep around for a long time.  Me, I've never been a plant house plant person and can't seem to keep them alive, so I admire anyone who can! 
I watercolored the image after stamping it in Stazon ink on watercolor paper.  I layered it on a piece of Champagne Glimmer paper and then on the main card base of Primrose Petals.  I ran the base top through my Big Shot using the Lacy Brocade EF, placed a couple of strips of Primrose Petal DP, then finished everything off with an always artichoke seam binding bow and some pearls. 
 
 
 
Here's a list of my supplies....
Stamps: Bells and Boughs
Paper: Primrose Petal Cardstock and DP, Champagne Glimmer, Watercolor
Ink: Primrose Petal, Raspberry Ripple, Always Artichoke, Pear Pizzaz
Accessories: Gold glitter, Labels Framelits die, Always Artichoke Seam Binding ribbon, pearls, Lacy Brocade EF
 
Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny
 
 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Jenny - this is so lovely! Always artichoke and Primrose Petal are such a lovely combination together - I might have to try this myself. Your colouring is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is stunning! Love the colors! And I love the sparkle of the glimmer paper! Such beautiful and amazing details! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is very pretty & elegant and very well colored. The glimmer layering is so effective. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card Jenny, love the color combination and the glimmer paper is a perfect touch.
    Stampingly, Patsy Waggoner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh stunning! So many pretty details! Thanks so much for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely card, Jenny. Primrose Petals is such a soft color and you've paired it beautifully with other colors to create a gorgeous result. Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So soft and pretty. Love how the glimmer paper showcases your stamped image and the great little bow. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous...love the pink poinsettias and all the glimmer...wonderful texture, too! Thanks for playing along with the shaped card challenge on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete